Celebrating Nurses Week All Month Long to Honor Local Healthcare Heroes
In 2020, the American Nurses Association (ANA) expanded National Nurses Week to celebrating National Nurses Month throughout May and recently extended the Year of the Nurse into 2021. The ANA asserts that, “Now more than ever, we need to support and recognize nurses for their steadfast commitment to meeting the needs of patients and their communities every day.” Jewish Family Home Care salutes the nurses in our local communities and invites others to join us in celebrating their crucial service and support during National Nurses Month in May.
Honoring nurses is especially important this year because of the perseverance they have shown in keeping us safe during a global pandemic. The pandemic has taken a toll on healthcare workers’ mental and physical health. Below we’ve compiled a list of ways you can express your gratitude, ensuring that the local nurses you interact with know how much they are valued.
- Send a note of appreciation. If a nurse helped you or a loved one over the last year, consider sending a thank-you note or small gift to express your appreciation. Nurses work long hours in high-stress situations, and receiving any token of appreciation can go a long way toward brightening their day.
- Help a loved one take a break. If you have a nurse in your family, celebrate Nurses Month with a gift that helps relieve stress. Consider a gift card for a day at the spa, a few hours of donated childcare, or a hot meal delivered to their house. Gifts that recognize their hard work on the frontlines, while prioritizing self-care, can be especially meaningful.
- Host a virtual awards ceremony. If you work in healthcare or interact with nurses frequently in your work life, organize a virtual “awards ceremony” on Zoom or another video conferencing platform. This is a great opportunity to offer up recognition and a round of applause for a job well done. Consider having small award plaques sent to the homes of the nurses who were honored during the ceremony.
At Jewish Family Home Care, we know how vitally important visiting nurses can be to older adults with chronic health conditions or those recovering from a hospital stay. Our sister company, Nursing Plus of Broward, has provided comprehensive home nursing services to clients in their homes since 2007, offering:
- Skilled Nursing Care. Administered by highly qualified RNs and LPNs who provide hospital-level care for seniors with complex care needs in the comfort of home.
- Therapy Services. Offering a variety of in-home therapy services such as occupational, physical, cardiovascular and neurological, our team helps seniors improve function.
- Transitional Care Services. Ideal for seniors returning home following a hospital stay or surgery, transitional care services help ensure older adults are following discharge instructions, while helping them regain strength and independence.
Our work together as sister companies allows our clients to receive the best of both worlds from two trusted local providers – a high-level of nursing care for a variety of medical needs from Nursing Plus of Broward, along with in-home care assistance from Jewish Family Home Care, including:
- Alzheimer’s and Dementia Care. Specially trained caregivers help clients feel safe and secure in the comfort of home, while remaining engaged through memory care activities.
- Overnight and 24-hour care
- Parkinson’s care
- Non-medical in-home care
- Post-surgical home care
- Respite care for family caregivers
- And much more
To learn more about how partnering with the care professionals at Jewish Family Home Care or Nursing Plus of Broward can enrich the lives of the one you love most, reach out to us online or give us a call at (954) 908-5677. We’re eager to answer any questions you may have about home care in Sunrise, FL, or any of the nearby areas , and help match a loved one to the perfect in-home care professional.