The Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide is responsible for providing direct hands on care to clients at their place of residence under the direction, instruction, and supervision of the Registered Nurse (RN) or Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN).
- Assist the client in performing personal care activities contained in a written assignment by a (Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse) employee or contractor of the agency and which include assisting the patient or client with personal hygiene, ambulation, eating, dressing, shaving, and physical transfer.
- Maintains a clean, and safe environment, which may include light cleaning and straightening of the bathroom, straightening the sleeping and living areas, washing the patient’s or client’s dishes or laundry, and such tasks to maintain cleanliness and safety for the patient or client.
- Other activities as designated by a (Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse) employee or contractor of the agency for a specific patient or client and are restricted to the following:
- Assist with reinforcement of dressing
- Assist with tasks associated with toileting, use of the bedpan and urinal
- Provide catheter care including changing the urinary catheter bag
- Empty ostomy bags, or changing bags that do not adhere to the skin
- Assist with the use of devices for aid to daily living, such as a wheelchair or walker
- Assist with prescribed range of motion exercises
- Assist with prescribed ice cap or collar
- Prepares special diets
- Measures intake and output of fluids
- Measures temperature, pulse, respiration or blood pressure * Observes appearance and gross behavioral changes in the patient or client and reports to the Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse.
- Supervises the self-administration of medication in the home and is limited to the following:
- Obtaining the medication container from the storage area for the patient or client
- Verifying correct number of pills are in the medication container.
- Reminding the patient or client that it is time to take the medication as prescribed
- Observing the patient or client self-administering the medication
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $9.50 /hour
Bring the following original documents and certificates to your interview:
- AHCA Background Screening
- Social Security Card
- Certified Nursing Assistant / Home Health Aide Certificate
- Driver’s License
- Physical Exam and TB Test
- Car Insurance
- Proof of Citizenship
- Car Registration
Bring the current certificate for the following trainings:
- CPR Card
- HIV / AIDs
- Domestic Violence
- OSHA / BP / TB / Infection Control