The Human Resources Associate is responsible for supporting the Human Resources Director in all activities of the Human Resources (HR) department as required. Activities include but are not limited to recruitment, selection, hiring, on-boarding, benefits, performance management, compliance and employee relations.
- Identifies and understands all legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting employment and ensures compliance.
- Recruits, prescreens, interviews, tests and selects employees to fill vacant positions
- Conducts job postings, job advertisement and job fairs as required.
- Reviews all employment applications for completeness and arranges for candidates’ interviews.
- Upon selection, performs employment verification and other required screenings pre-offer.
- Upon offer, processes all required forms, schedules and verifies drug tests and conducts all other checks and background screenings to confirm hiring.
- Maintains files in a secure, confidential and orderly manner, according to regulations.
- Maintains tracking system to monitor renewal of licensure, certification, examinations and performance evaluations as indicated by regulation and/or policy.
- Performs on-boarding and orientation procedures for new hires including coordinating with hiring manager to ensure office, supplies, equipment, etc., are available for start date.
- Handles employees’ communications and notifications as required.
- Assist with managing employee benefits including employee enrollments and education.
- Supports supervisor with performance evaluation process.
- Supports supervisor wit development and implementation of employee training programs.
- Processes data entry and produces necessary reports timely and accurately utilizing HRIS and other required software as requested.
- Complies and assists in compliance activities with all organization’s policies and procedures.
- Participates in HR projects like electronic systems implementation, employee recognition programs and other similar programs.
- Participates in audits, site visits and other compliance activities as required.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university. Preferably in Business, Human Resources Management or related field. PHR or SHRM-CP certification highly recommended.
Minimum of three (3) years of experience handling multiple administrative, clerical and coordination functions in Human Resources. Specific experience in nonprofit, healthcare or home health care highly recommended.
Knowledge and Skills
Proven ability to establish and maintain quality relationships with internal and external contacts. Detailed oriented and highly organized to ensure proper processing of data and recordkeeping to ensure compliance. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Computer knowledge must include Microsoft Office, HRIS, Time Keeping and other applicable software applications.