The Nursing Supervisor is responsible for: administering Nursing Supervision to clients, Certified Nursing Assistants and Home Health Aides and ensures all nursing activities are accomplished according to regulatory framework and compliance requirements.
- Schedules the initial Registered Nurse evaluation visit and collaborates with Registered Nurses regularly to reevaluates client’s needs.
- Directs the Staffing Coordinators to assign portion of care to Certified Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aides and makes necessary revisions.
- Coordinates Registered Nurse/HHA/CNA Supervisory visit and maintains compliance with (60) day regulations.
- Notifies personnel of changes in the condition and needs of the client.Instructs the client and family/significant others in meeting assessed needs.
- Participates in and presents staff educational programs on a quarterly basis.
- Participates in the orientation of Clinical Staff newly hired to agency.
- Understands and adheres to established Agency Policies and Procedures.
- Assists Director of Professional Services in review and preparation of agency wide accreditation process.
- Processes orders and notifies physician of client needs and changes in condition. Completes orders and discharge summaries.
- Applying the nursing process, determines the amount and type of service needed by each individual client.
- Supervises and teaches other nursing personnel, (Registered Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants/Home Health Aides).
- Conducts client care conferences as necessary.
- Participates in peer review and performance improvement as assigned by the Director of Professional Services.
- Participates in utilization review and client record audits on a monthly basis to ensure regulatory compliance.
- Takes on-call duty nights, weekends and holidays, as assigned.
- Available during hours of client services.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Graduate from an approved school of professional nursing and currently licensed in the state(s) in which practicing.
Five years of supervisory nursing experience are required. Experience in home health care or related healthcare settings is highly recommended.
Knowledge and Skills
- Effective written and verbal communication skills.
- Familiarity with database management software programs and word processing.
- Ability to exercise initiative and independent judgment.
- Successful ability to negotiate conflict.
- Effective organizational skills with the attention to accuracy, detail, follow-up.
- On-call availability.
- Own transportation and clean driving record.
- Home Care: 1 year (Preferred)
- Supervisory Nursing: 5 years (Preferred)
- Registered Nurse (RN) (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Paid time off
Job Type: Full-time