The Staffing Coordinator matches caregivers with clients and coordinates caregiver schedules. This position involves extensive telephone work and interaction with clients, caregivers, and health care professionals. The Staffing Coordinator also responds to inquiries from prospective clients.
- Matches appropriate caregivers to cases based on availability, and skill set.
- Makes sure that all cases are covered and arranges for substitute/back-up coverage as necessary.
- Handles/resolves caregiver issues and scheduling changes.
- Assists and monitors the delivery of patient care services.
- Promotes interdisciplinary team communications.
- Performs clerical duties as required of this position.
- Participates in on-call rotation as needed.
- Provides information about services to prospective clients.
- Maintains positive relationships with all clients, caregivers and referral sources.
This position requires at least 2 years of experience in staffing or customer service in a health care setting. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Excellent telephone and interpersonal skill.
- Must be well-organized and have good attention to detail.
- Familiarity with database management software programs and word processing.
- Experience in senior service setting preferred.
- Must be a good problem solver and able to work independently.
- Bilingual in English and Spanish preferred.