The Business Development Director is responsible for ensuring the business development team fulfills organization’s goals in terms of revenue growth, market share and brand recognition. S/he is responsible for developing through achievement of specific number of referrals and admissions and the cultivation of relationships with referral sources. S/he is also responsible for developing and maintaining a business development team effectively prioritizing accounts and developing strategic plans to successfully manage and grow accounts.
- Recruits, hires, trains and manages staff under supervision.
- Assists with organizational skills, account strategies, territory planning and administrative responsibilities to ensure a high level of customer satisfaction is maintained.
- Develops and increases sales revenue to meet assigned targets.
- Responsible for business development executives’ orientation and training programs.
- Acts as a resource to staff in negotiations, closing of services sales and business development.
- Identifies prospective, high volume clients in target groups for assigned area. Secures appointments and qualifies these accounts.
- Monitors staff’s pipeline of appointments, call activity, referrals, prospects and conversions to ensure target goals are being met.
- Ensures team meets or exceed monthly productivity goals as established by management ensuring consistent revenue grow of the private client segment and other service lines.
- Contributes to the development of strong networks for referrals with hospitals, social workers, case managers, community partners and other healthcare professionals.
- In conjunction with organization’s marketing plan makes a business development plan with specific target accounts and sales objectives. Upon approval of the plan, is responsible for the successful accomplishment of this plan.
- Establishes and maintains close communication with service departments informing of all target accounts and specific client needs in order to ensure service excellence.
- Develops and maintains an effective evaluation system to ensure accounts are diligently maintained and any service issues are promptly resolved. • Ensures team achieves or exceeds referral quota quarterly and annually.
- Ensures department’s activities are accurately recorded in the CRM system daily.
- Effectively manage budget for marketing collateral and other customer centric activities.
- Joins and attends key professional organizations to increase visibility of organization and increase business opportunities
- Provides feedback to senior management team on business development issues, customer satisfaction / complaints, etc.
- Attends training classes and remain current on related professional topics.
- Attends weekly sales and staff meetings and participate in sales conference calls.
- Produces all required monthly, quarterly and annual reports.
- Assists supervisor in the development and management of department’s budget.
- Manages expense reports and ensures accountability.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business or related field required. Master’s degree preferred. Extensive experience in home health sales might be used in lieu of educational requirements.
Minimum of three (3) years of business development management experience in home health or similar business. Demonstrated history of success managing teams and achieving revenue targets. Experience establishing and maintaining relationship with major accounts to grow businesses is highly recommended.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Proven ability to maintain quality relationships with a large number of professional referral sources. Excellent communication and presentation skills. Demonstrated ability to lead presentations for small and large groups. Demonstrated understanding of general referral sales skills / techniques. Coaching/mentoring experience with less-senior sales staff. Demonstrated problem-solving and negotiating skills. Computer knowledge must include Microsoft Office and Customer Relations Management (CRM) software applications to document outreach and sales outcomes. Experience in team development and management is required.