The holidays have arrived bringing with them special times shared with family and friends, the making of new memories, and holiday traditions old and new. The holidays may also bring new stress from finding the perfect gift to ensuring loved ones – near and far – get the care they need during the holiday season.
If you live away from loved ones in need of additional care, or will be traveling during the holidays, how do you ensure the best care – care that allows your loved one to feel comfortable, at ease, and well taken care of?
In-home health care during the holidays is often the best option – delivering customized home health care with all the comforts of home. Home health care service providers specialize in providing the support your loved one needs with a warm, caring approach, plus the satisfaction of independent living. From daily activities to companionship to medication reminders and more, the Jewish Family Home Care compassionate caregivers will provide your loved ones with quality of care, keeping you informed of services being provided on a daily basis, so that everyone has peace of mind.
Senior adults often feel alone during the holidays because of the distance from family and friends, or the recent loss of a beloved partner or companion. When health conditions challenge or living independently is threatened, home health care can provide the care and assistance required to help those who need it during the holidays.
Home health care aids with everyday activities like:
- Meal planning
- Grocery shopping
- Companionship for daily walks and conversation
During the holidays, home health caregivers can also be called upon to help with holiday preparations – from scheduling time with the family, to shopping assistance, gift wrapping, and mailing cards and gifts.
Home health care providers also help by providing the support needed during a time when family members are busier than ever, taking care of more mundane activities and allowing you and your loved ones to spend more time enjoying the sights, sounds, and traditions of the season. Home health caregivers can deliver routine daily care – so that family members can enjoy their time together carrying on beloved family traditions like cooking, baking, storytelling, and more.
Tips for a Happy Healthy Holiday
The holidays often bring additional unwelcome stress for family caregivers who are overwhelmed taking care of their loved ones while preparing for the holidays. In-home health care providers can help, taking away some of the stress and allowing everyone to enjoy the holidays. To help you get ready for the holiday, here are some ways in-home care can help during the holidays.
- Preparing Healthy Meals – The holidays often become a time when balanced meals go by the wayside, but for seniors, especially those with special dietary needs, staying on course is important. In-home caregivers can help you or your loved one with grocery shopping and even light meal preparation to ensure dietary needs are met.
- Avoiding the Blues – Loved ones with mobility issues often feel isolated, especially during the holidays. In addition to your regular visits and planned outings with your loved ones, in-home health care can help with daily activities as well as companionship for daily walks and other services.
- Accept Help – As family holiday gatherings are in full swing, regular family caregivers should always accept help with a loved one when offered by other members of the family during this busy time of year. When family help isn’t available, calling on in-home health care for assistance can be the ideal solution for family caregivers and their loved ones.
- Celebrate the Season – Don’t let stress and busyness overwhelm the season. Remember to get the help needed so you, as the family caregiver, and your loved one can celebrate the holidays – enjoying one another’s company and making precious memories together!
- Don’t Fret – Needing additional help during the holiday season is nothing to fret about. Instead call on your trusted in-home health care provider to help. In-home caregivers are trained to lend a helping hand when needed, aiding with daily care, helping with medication reminders, and more – ensuring you and your loved ones are well taken care and enjoy the holidays.
Finding your Loved One In-Home Health Care During the Holidays?
During the holidays, if you and your family find you need in-home health care, please contact us to learn how Jewish Family Home Care, top provider of Sunrise respite care and care throughout the surrounding areas, can help. Our goal is to ensure seniors live comfortably and safely in their homes with the help of our kind, compassionate caregivers during the holidays and all year long.